Hello, I need some help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello, I need some help

Post by Jalander on 23rd June 2010, 4:02 pm

Hello My name is jalander and i seem to have some problems with my C Drive concerning free space.It has even got to the point that my computer no longer runs java.

Anyway, on My C Drive there appear to be many "new folders" on on it dating from
5-25-2010 to 6-21-2010. each of these have long sprawling names and are in blue font. Ever since the infection ( im pretty sure its a virus or some sort of malware) my C drive has become cluttered with these files, my own folders have become tinted blue also, and Programes such as Steam and Avg also have this font problem.

In these folders forementioned there is about 15 - 20 more folders that have four digit Titles (eg, 1055 or 2073,) and a "HotFixInstaller" and "NDP20SP2-KB979909 Windows Installer Patch".

In one folder the "NPD..." takes up 531 KB and in another it takes up 10,036 KB

In each of the four digit folders there is a "eula" word document and a "HotInstallerUI.dll". The word document is written in a foreign text [ From Chinese, Arab and Korean] and a link to "www. support/ windows / commom/ information.aspx". I went throught the link and most of the thing on the web page are blocked by AVG.

The space on My C: is now critically low [ from 70.9 GB to 3,234kb] and i am in desperate need of help.

Any Information may have to help rid my of this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Jalander

Jalander
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 2
Joined Joined : 2010-06-23
OS OS : XP
Points Points : 23594
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello, I need some help

Post by houndmom on 23rd June 2010, 6:05 pm

Hey Jalander Welcome to GeekPolice Forum. Sounds like you may have a problem. Please read here http://www.GeekPolice.net/read-this-before-posting-t3821.htm
before posting so you know what to do to prepare for help.
Then post your problem here http://www.GeekPolice.net/virus-spyware-malware-removal-f11/
Have patience and one of the tech folks will help you with your problem.
Nice to have you here.

If we have helped you, Please consider helping us,  make a donation.

Helping fight malware.

houndmom
Leader's Leader
Leader's Leader

Posts Posts : 1053
Joined Joined : 2010-04-27
Gender Gender : Female
OS OS : Windows 7 ultimate
Protection Protection : Bitdefender Total Security 2010
Points Points : 29777
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile