GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

Internet is not working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Internet is not working

Post by paul rusu on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:58 pm

Hello, i just recently reformatted my computer with windows vista and i downloaded my drivers for it. I have an nforce 750i SLI motherboard. I don't know the technical terms but with this motherboard i know that i am supposed to be able to have internet connection if i plug in an ethernet cable, which i did. I tested the cable on another computer and it works fine, but with my computer i cant seem to connect to the internet for some reason. When i click to diagnose the problem it says 'this computer does not have a wireless network adapter installed and configured' and then it has a tab that i can click on that says, 'install wireless networking hardware and verify that the correct drivers are loaded'. I had vista before on my computer and never had this problem before and i installed the motherboard driver with the cd that came for it. I even downloaded the latest motherboard drivers on another computer and i brought the folder over with a USB to my computer to download it that way and nothing worked. Any help would be appreciated.

paul rusu
Beginner
Beginner

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Internet is not working

Post by paul rusu on Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:18 pm

so i figured it out. it turns out my MAC lan was disabled.

paul rusu
Beginner
Beginner

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top