New strain of AV security suite?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New strain of AV security suite?

Post by Tonka_UK on Sat 19 Jun 2010, 9:33 pm

Hello, new user.. hoping somebody can help me with my little sticky situation.

I have the AV security suite anti spyware program on my computer, and it's rather a pest.
I cannot do anything on my computer. it won't let me open any files, open any downloads (The various programs I have read about that supposedly remove this gremlin) go into anything on my desktop or let me run anything (manually).

I manage to get the Tskmngr up for a few split seconds but I can't make any sense of what I'm supposed to kill.

strangely I can get my Firefox to stay open and hasn't really bothered it to be honest, but IE keeps taking me to their purchase site (AV)

It's realllllly cheesing me off at this point, all of the walkthrough's online seem so easy yet I can't even get on the first step of opening anything to do it. if only I could run things I would probably have sorted this myself by now. but seeing as I can't and you are the 'GeekPolice' I thought I would try here, so thanks in advance if you bothered to read my droning.

Operating System : XP.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New strain of AV security suite?

Post by Belahzur on Sun 20 Jun 2010, 3:46 am

We need to use the RKill Tool by Grinler <--- Download site

• Please Download Save it to your Desktop.
  • Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.

• NOTE: If you are unable to connect to the site to download rkill, then you should download it to a clean computer and copy it to the infected one via a USB flash drive or CDROM.

• Once it is downloaded, double-click on the in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with Rogue programs.
  • Please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and ends them.
  • When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step.
NOTE: If you get a message that rkill is an infection, do not be concerned. This message is just a fake warning given by the rogue program, when it terminates programs that may potentially remove it. If you run into these infections warnings that close Rkill, a trick is to leave the warning on the screen and then run Rkill again. By not closing the warning, this typically will allow you to bypass the malware trying to protect itself so that rkill can terminate the rogue program. So, please try running Rkill until the malware is no longer running. You will then be able to proceed with the rest of the steps.

If you continue having problems running, you can download:
iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe
which are renamed copies of, and try them instead.

Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

@RealBelahzur - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Manager | Tech Officer
Manager | Tech Officer

Operating System : XP SP3 Media Centre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum