GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

Sims 3 Install Error - I/O driver error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Install Error - I/O driver error

Post by merlin7tx on Sat May 29, 2010 8:26 am

Hello,

I'm trying to reinstall my Sims 3 game. I had uninstalled before but never had a problem with it. Now I'm getting an I/O driver error when I try to install and if I say retry, it just pretty much freezes on one point and doesn't go any further.

The cd that I have has no scratches, so it can't be the cd. I thought it may be the new Vista update but it wasn't installing before the update. Please help!

merlin7tx
Novice
Novice

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Install Error - I/O driver error

Post by makxp77 on Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:24 am

is it a legit print of the installation media? or is it a burned CD of a cracked copy of the pirated software? if it's stolen, "your results may vary, have a nice day."

otherwise a lot of the time installation errors are caused either by bad RAM (memtest to check for RAM errors) or bad sectors on the hard disk drive (run /chkdsk /r /x to check for HDD errors).

Do you have another machine you could try to install onto? that might help determine if the problem is with the installation media (CD/DVD) or your machine.

does your PC meet the minimum system specs?

MiKeY

MCITP \ MCSE \ CompTia A+ \ Server+ \ Security+

makxp77
Senior
Senior

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top