Antivirus Suite Demo Malware

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Antivirus Suite Demo Malware

Post by SagisS1 on 10th April 2010, 2:41 am

Alright well I'm really lost here. I've tried numerous sites recommendation and nothings working. What happens is that I keep running things like Malwarebytes and such. I get the same files that I'm told to remove and then I reboot try it again the same files pop up. I'm not tech savvy at all and this is my first time dealing with this issue. I'd like to also say that I have a restore point saved from months back, but like I said I'm not tech savvy and I don't really understand how everything works. Also, while trying to access safe mode, my keyboard freezes up. I try F8 won't work and I'll even hardboot to get automatically to the options to go to Safe Mode, but nothing happens, they keybaord remains inactive until the Windows logo pops up. The keyboard also funtions properly before loading in Windows. Please help, and I really appreciate all the work done here. I got plenty of time so I'll be patient.

Update: I went on this morning and at around 7, my antivirus (avast!) seemed to pick up a file then placed it somewhere else, didn't say where though.

4/10/2010 6:54:41 AM C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\ubinvqahc\dkoxexttssd.exe [L] Win32:Rootkit-gen [Rtk] (0)
File was successfully moved to chest...

That's all it said. When this happened I stopped getting constant pop ups and now I can run all my programs. However I still believe the malicious software is still in there, so I want to completely annihilate it. I also looked up that file and noticed why everytime I reboot I get the problem back. I checked my system restore settings and apparently it created a restore point on my computer before it took affect which is why it won't stop coming back. I haven't restarted since avast! did its removal because I'm so nervous about the virus coming back. I also saw that I could try turning off System Restore and rebooting would delete the infected files. I tried this. Now when I reboot I don't have an issue with virus pop ups and crap, but now my IE wont work right. I never use IE, but it is required for certain applications like Windows Updates and Steam. I read somewhere that the virus has a tendency to screw up the registry even after it's gotten rid of.

SagisS1
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 1
Joined Joined : 2010-04-10
OS OS : Vista Premium
Points Points : 24353
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Antivirus Suite Demo Malware

Post by Dr Jay on 10th April 2010, 6:47 pm

Please visit this webpage for a tutorial on downloading and running ComboFix:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

See the area: Using ComboFix, and when done, post the log back here.

Dr. Jay (DJ)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dr Jay
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Posts Posts : 14309
Joined Joined : 2009-09-06
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows 10 Home & Pro
Arch. Arch. : x64 (64-bit)
Protection Protection : Bitdefender Total Security
Points Points : 302960
# Likes # Likes : 10

View user profile