Antivirus Suite hijacked my PC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Antivirus Suite hijacked my PC

Post by patdave on Fri 09 Apr 2010, 4:43 am

Am currently using laptop, but PC using XP got infected with Antivirus suite.

Started in Safe mode, as virus was stopping everything. Told to untick Proxy in Lan settings in Internet Options & downloaded Malware Bytes & scanned,& then removed all infected items. Rebooted as per instructions from Malware Bytes & the Antivirus Suite stuff seems to have gone.

I was able to open Explorer & get onto a favorite page, but when I tried to move to another page got the message that iexplore.exe was not responding & would not close, eventually closed by Control, Alt, Delete.

But when I went go back in, got message did I want to recover tab following Internet Explorer problems? I had to choose between recover tab or home page - chose home page but the still couldnt get on the net. Tried to close once more & got following message - This window is busy closing it may cause a problem. do you want to close it anyway? When I indicate yes - it still does nothing the only way to get out is to use Control/Alt/Delete again.

Clicked on Internet Explorer again & it wont open at all.

After PC is switched off completely I am able to open Explorer but unable to access the net, then the system just hangs - so have to use Control/Alt/Delete again.

But think there must be some internet access as McAfee is able to download updates.

Any advice will be really appreciated urgently - but can it please be in simple terms as my knowledge is severley limited.

Many Thanks in advance.

Operating System : XP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Antivirus Suite hijacked my PC

Post by DragonMaster Jay on Fri 09 Apr 2010, 6:35 am

Please visit this webpage for a tutorial on downloading and running ComboFix:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

See the area: Using ComboFix, and when done, post the log back here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Get $30 off Kaspersky products.

GeekPolice Academy Manager

DragonMaster Jay

Manager | Tech Officer
Manager | Tech Officer

Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum