Hello Geek Police Friends..I'm new here!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello Geek Police Friends..I'm new here!!

Post by evilgenius64 on Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:59 pm

Hello there , I just joined your forum this week and finally got around to setting up my profile. I am in the process of setting up a new dell computer which is taking up most of my time. Both systems are currently configured for windows XP except the old unit is running under sp2 and the new one is using sp3 and also came with a Vista Upgrade option. I am having trouble with the "FILES AND SETTINGS TRANSFER WIZARD".I have tried it several times and when I plug in my external drive on the new system it tells me the saved file is unusable because it is an older version. I don't have the time to do a manual transfer of 7 years of data. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Let me think

evilgenius64
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello Geek Police Friends..I'm new here!!

Post by Gabethebabe on Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:25 am

Welcome to GP Smile

Hmmm if this is a desktop you could consider plugging in the harddrive of your old computer as slave drive of your new computer. I hope you are not afraid of opening your computers case and playing around with IDE (SATA) cables Big Grin
You will have access to your data and as time goes by you can simply copy it to your new HD.

Gabethebabe
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top