security tool virus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

security tool virus

Post by cassa on 25th March 2010, 9:15 am

Hello everyone I am brand new and I came across your web site as I was searching for some help as my computer has got a virus called Security Tool. I am going to check out some old posts for some advise. Let me think Any help would be appreciated thanks cassa xx

cassa
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 3
Joined Joined : 2010-03-25
OS OS : windows vista
Points Points : 24566
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: security tool virus

Post by Dr Jay on 25th March 2010, 1:40 pm

Please download ComboFix from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rename ComboFix.exe to commy.exe before you save it to your Desktop
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools A guide to do this can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  • Click Start then copy paste the following command into the search box & hit enter: "%userprofile%\desktop\commy.exe" /stepdel
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. This will not install in Vista. Just continue scanning, and skip the console install.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the contents of C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Dr. Jay (DJ)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dr Jay
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Posts Posts : 14309
Joined Joined : 2009-09-06
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows 10 Home & Pro
Arch. Arch. : x64 (64-bit)
Protection Protection : Bitdefender Total Security
Points Points : 302960
# Likes # Likes : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: security tool virus

Post by Dr Jay on 29th March 2010, 3:35 pm

Still with us?

Dr. Jay (DJ)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dr Jay
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Posts Posts : 14309
Joined Joined : 2009-09-06
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows 10 Home & Pro
Arch. Arch. : x64 (64-bit)
Protection Protection : Bitdefender Total Security
Points Points : 302960
# Likes # Likes : 10

View user profile