GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

XP Security System Tool

View previous topic View next topic Go down

XP Security System Tool

Post by Joe419 on Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi,

Need your help!!

My PC became infected by the XP Security System Tool virus and I've attempted to follow the removal process from your site on Malware Removal Guides.

My Dell XP PC already had Malwarebytes loaded on it from approx 2 months ago. So I rebooted the PC and started it in Safe Mode with Networking. Unfortunately all attempts to run the Malwarebytes app failed as it would not start. Each attempt to start Malwarebytes resulted in the ave.exe process running (XP Systems Security Tool) yet all searches to locate the ave.exe file turned up nothing. I reasoned that that the app must have been corrupted by the XP Security System malware and proceeded to uninstall the Malwarebytes. I then attempted to reinstall Mallwarebytes from the 2 Malwarebytes exe files in the original downloaded zip file. The winlogon.exe and other file in the zip extract appeared to run as a dialog box did appear indicating it was loading but the Malwarebytes icon and app never appeared.

Then in my infinite wisdom ( use the term lightly) I thought restoring windows to the prior days version would help. Things when from bad to worse. The restore resulted in one restart but no messages of success or failure. I clicked on my windows account and was greeted by a ugly blue screen ( I can not help guess that the restore was not completed at the time I attempted to open windows). Now every attempt to start the PC results in Windows failure to launch. The blue screen appears with various messages indicating that windows has been terminated to avoid damage. The messages instruct you to remove any new hardware or software (there are none to remove) to restart the PC in safe mode which I've tried over 20 times and while the PC will start, windows will not.

Please help

Regards
Joe419

Joe419
Beginner
Beginner

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: XP Security System Tool

Post by Belahzur on Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:20 am

Download [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

# Likes : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top