Parental Software help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Parental Software help

Post by abs0 on 16th March 2010, 4:07 pm

Hi all I have looked at various Parental Control software so I can monitor my kids to see which websites they are going on. The ones I have tried through trial like Cybersitter and another few are either complicated to use or too long winded.

I'm not looking to monitor or filter websites , or times they are allowed but I am looking for a monitor software that i could install and then just sort of press enter each day so i could exactly see in plain english which websites my kids have visited " if that makes any sense"

I know i could check the history but that i have seen not always to be accurate. any help?? thank you

Abs

abs0
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 4
Joined Joined : 2010-03-15
OS OS : vista
Points Points : 24629
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parental Software help

Post by Gabethebabe on 16th March 2010, 6:31 pm

What you are looking for is a keylogger. These are generally regarded as malware. When I was interested in keyloggers I went to www dot keylogger dot org. WOT considers the site untrustworthy. You might consider installing Sandboxie and browse to this site with a sandboxed browser to read their keylogger reviews, just to make sure. There are some free keyloggers as well, but I think they only log keystrokes and not websites that were visited. Also you could check download.com and search for keyloggers.

Good luck installing btw. Your antivirus is gonna freak out.

Gabethebabe
Top Dog
Top Dog

Posts Posts : 1568
Joined Joined : 2010-03-07
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Win7
Points Points : 38248

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Parental Software help

Post by MonsterMike on 20th March 2010, 9:28 am

to monitor your children i recommend http://www.parentalcontrolbar.org/ its where real parents check all websites etc erm its free and its pretty good.

MonsterMike
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 3
Joined Joined : 2010-03-20
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows Vista Home Premium
Points Points : 24565

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top