Post your guides here for approval

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Important Post your guides here for approval

Post by Dr Jay on Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:29 am

In an effort to clean up this section, you must now post your guides in this thread for approval.

Dr Jay
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Important Easiest Method for Installing Windows XP from a USB Flash Drive

Post by brmecham on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:40 pm

This is an easy way to install Windows XP from a USB Flash drive. (Seriously, easy!)

Optionally you can follow these nLite tutorials to remove unnecessary/unwanted Windows files before installing Windows (you can also pre-load your systems drivers into the install):

I just finished doing this on my Asus 1001p netbook, after removing Windows 7 Starter (which consumed over 500MB of the 1Gig of memory.)

I decided to opt for installing Windows XP via a USB Flash drive. I didn't have an external DVD drive available. After following various complicated tutorials (which never did fully work for me) I found a very simple way to take the resulting Windows install files created by nLite (or copied from your Windows install disc) and create a bootable Flash drive: WinToFlash ( http://wintoflash.com ).

Download here: http://wintoflash.com/download/en/

With WinToFlash all you need to have is a folder on your PC containing all the Windows install files. Then you just open WinToFlash, tell it where your Windows install files directory is, then tell it what letter your flash drive is (i.e. J: ). It does the rest for you. SIMPLE Smile Once it's done boot from the flash drive on your netbook (or PC you want to install this copy of Windows on).

When I first tried this I was getting bsod (blue screen of death) errors when Windows setup was starting. (The problem was not with WinToFlash) After doing some research online I decided it might be due to some corrupt files (the XP disc I copied files from was too scratched up)... so I located another XP disc and went through the nLite process again (was easy because it saved my previous settings)... then did the WinToFlash process again. This time Windows XP installed without a problem from my USB Flash drive! (much easier than the tutorials that wanted me to accomplish this with 3+ programs and never worked)

The best thing about this is:
  • My Windows install folder was only 270MB (with all Asus 1001p driver integrated and non-essential windows XP stuff removed, thanks to the nLite tutorial)
  • Bootup to XP is fast (less than 30 seconds)
  • Memory usage is at less than 200 MB! Smile even after installing a bunch of programs (disabled non-essential startup processes).
  • No CD/DVD drive necessary for installation.
  • Simple and quick compared to other methods.

brmecham
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Important Re: Post your guides here for approval

Post by Dr Jay on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:51 pm

Straighten up the post, and modify it for content.

We want users to see the steps outlined, not in paragraphs.

Also, do not write it like a review. Try to "teach" the tutorial.

Dr Jay
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Important Re: Post your guides here for approval

Post by Disruption on Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:52 am

Topic Title: Describing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Hello Readers,

Today I will be discussing Malwarebytes Anti-Malware!

Before we begin let me just explain the following:

- All of the stuff NOT quoted is my work and writing
- All QUOTED info is used off research or gathered information

What Is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware:

Spoiler (Click to View)
Malwarebytes Anti Malware is dedicated to removal of viruses such as Trojans, Worms, Keyloggers, RATS and so forth. The usage of Malware Anti Malware is pretty simple and quite user friendly.

Some other useful information about Malwarebytes Anti Malware:
- Safe Mode Friendly: This means if you want to boot into safe mode you can with this tool and it makes the scan more sufficient upon the removal process.

- User Friendly: Big Friendly buttons make users interface useful.

Features Of Malwarebytes Anti Malware:

- Updated just about everyday
- Uses installation for updates.

How Do I use Malwarebytes Anti Malware?

Here are my steps that I currently made with using the program or even just using it as a prestep:

Steps Of Usage:

Download/Update
Run a FULL Scan ( This scan checks the WHOLE computer)
Quick Scan ( This is the smaller scan and faster scan but won't detect everything you think )

After Scan is complete IF malware is detected do the following:

Show Results > Remove All > Restart

Here is where you can download this product: http://malwarebytes.org

Thanks For Reading

Regards,
Disruption

Disruption
Banned
Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top