Antivirus XP 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Antivirus XP 2010

Post by solarwave on 18th February 2010, 3:05 pm

Hey I was hoping someone could help,

Yesterday Antivirus XP 2010 infected my computer. I think my antivirus software (Kaspersky) found it and deleted it, but just as it finished deleting it my computer turned off. When I turned it back on again none of the programs would open. For example if I click to open paint it just says "Choose the program you want to use to open this file" but that doesn't open it ether. Also it wont connect to the internet. The virus seems to be gone as there are no more pop-ups and Kaspersky can't find anything, but still something is wrong.

Can anyone help? Indifferent or Blank

solarwave
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 1
Joined Joined : 2010-02-18
OS OS : Windows XP
Points Points : 24853
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Antivirus XP 2010

Post by Belahzur on 18th February 2010, 7:40 pm

Hello.
Check there is no proxy set by the malware.

Remove the Proxy setting in Internet Explorer and/or in FireFox.

In Internet Explorer
  1. Tools Menu -> Internet Options -> Connections Tab ->Lan Settings > uncheck "use a proxy server" or reconfigure the Proxy server again in case you have set it previously.

In Firefox
  1. Tools Menu -> Options... -> Advanced Tab -> Network Tab -> "Settings" under Connection > Choose "No Proxy"
  2. Click the apply button and restart that computer in normal mode.

Download [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

Posts Posts : 34918
Joined Joined : 2008-08-03
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : 7 Home Premium x64
Points Points : 245091
# Likes # Likes : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top