GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

xp internet security

View previous topic View next topic Go down

xp internet security

Post by Jim Smith on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:06 am

I have looked at the posts here for removal of what is called intenet security 2010 but what I have on my computer is called xp internet security; that's all, no date or anything. The icon of the sheild is exactly like windows security not the circular one shown here.

It seems to operate the same way that the one mentioned here does but, I don't want to go to a lot of trouble just to find out I am trying to delete something I don't have so if anyone can help please say so. Thanks very much,

J.W. Smith

Jim Smith
Beginner
Beginner

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: xp internet security

Post by Dr Jay on Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:04 pm

Please visit this webpage for a tutorial on downloading and running ComboFix:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

See the area: Using ComboFix, and when done, post the log back here.

Dr. Jay (DJ)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dr Jay
Administrator
Administrator

# Likes : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: xp internet security

Post by Dr Jay on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:21 pm

Still with us? If so, please do the following:

Please download DDS by sUBs from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and save it to your Desktop.

Note: Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed. There shouldn't be any scheduled antivirus scans running while the scan is being performed. Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.
  • Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
  • A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
  • Notepad will open with the results, click Yes to the Optional_Scan
  • Please follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
  • Close the program window, and delete the program from your Desktop.

Dr. Jay (DJ)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dr Jay
Administrator
Administrator

# Likes : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top