BankerFox.A is giving me grief. PLEASE HELP!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BankerFox.A is giving me grief. PLEASE HELP!

Post by Smashley76 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:49 pm

Ok, so, last night while I was looking around for fleur de lis on phototbucket (who dat?!) and something for java came up and I ran it thinking it was just something with this girl's background----I was WRONG! It was this BankerFox.A thing. When it popped up, I could tell it was a fake and just kept pushing no and I did not download anything from there.

It will let me access the internet but, will only let me run various programs. It's like it knows I'm trying to get rid of it so won't let me run anything that could do it.

I started reading up on it and tried the various easy solutions, I'm pretty good with computers but, when you start talking about codes & stuff, it's over my head. Like, I have no idea what a HijackThis log or whatever is. I have installed and ran: SUPERAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, ATG, & SmitFraudFix to no avail. Yes, I have followed the directions very carefully and it still did not work. I've tried to run my AVG but, all it gives me is a prompt screen to do it in Safe Mode and takes forever.

I have to restart into safe mode and works. I can continue to do my work in safe mode but, I don't want my laptop to be in safe mode for the rest of it's life.

Can someone PLEASE help? Cheesy Grin (sparkly

Last edited by Smashley76 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I added details)

Smashley76
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 1
Joined Joined : 2010-02-07
OS OS : Windows Vista
Points Points : 24923
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: BankerFox.A is giving me grief. PLEASE HELP!

Post by Belahzur on Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Download [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

Posts Posts : 34916
Joined Joined : 2008-08-03
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : XP SP3 Media Centre
Points Points : 245049
# Likes # Likes : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top