Page 1 of 1
The removal guide says to open IE, but all I have is firefox. Will this still work? I keep reading the instructions trying to figure them out, but I don't know a lot about computers. I am trying to learn everything I can.
Download OTL by OldTimer to your Desktop.
- Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
- Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
- It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
- You may need to use two posts to get it all.
This virus won't let me open any exe files. I get a pop up window saying the file is infected and do I want to activate the antivirus software?
Please download Ice Sword from HERE
- Download the zip to your desktop and extract it.
- Open the Ice Sword folder and then launch IceSword.exe.
- Will IceSword open?
When I tried to launch IceSword.exe, all I get is a window that says Security Warning. It tells me that the file is infected and do I want to activate the antivirus software now? I get the same message when I try to open word, excel, and several other programs too.
- Download combofix from here
1. If you are using Firefox, make sure that your download settings are as follows:
* Tools->Options->Main tab
* Set to "Always ask me where to Save the files".
2. During the download, rename Combofix to Combo-Fix as follows:
3. It is important you rename Combofix during the download, but not after.
4. Please do not rename Combofix to other names, but only to the one indicated.
5. Close any open browsers.
6. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
- We need to disable your local AV (Anti-virus) before running Combofix.
- See HERE for how to disable your AV.
- Double click on ComboFix.exe.
- Follow the prompts. NOTE:
- ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed.
***It's strongly recommended to have the Recovery Console installed before doing any malware removal.***
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will automatically proceed with its scan.
- The Recovery Console provides a recovery/repair mode should a problem occur during a Combofix run.
- Allow ComboFix to download the Recovery Console.
- Accept the End-User License Agreement.
- The Recovery Console will be installed.
- You will then get this next prompt that asks if you want to continue the malware scan, select yes
- Allow combofix to run
- Post C:\combofix.txt back here.
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.
Create an account or log in to leave a reply
You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum