GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

Re: Your PC Protector

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Your PC Protector

Post by josefromtexas on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:39 am

I currently have this virus and i am unable to follow the removal instructions due to the fact that I am not able to reboot my pc in safe mode. After hitting F8 and being in the menu, i chose safe mode with networking (or even just safe mode) and press enter. It seems like it begins to load, but it ALWAYS just crashes shortly after and i'm left at the blue screen of death.

Any help would be appreciated. thanx.

josefromtexas
Novice
Novice

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Re: Your PC Protector

Post by Belahzur on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:11 pm

Download [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

# Likes : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by josefromtexas on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Download [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.
wow, unfortunely i am not able to even boot my pc right now. the thing is, i looked up how to reboot in safe mode when pressing F8 didnt work. i learned that another way to boot in safe mode involved going through msconfig and doing it manually. unfortunely, after trying to boot in safe mode using this technique, the same crash occured. The worst part is, i am now unable to reboot in ANY mode whatsoever. i am unable to start windows normally, i guessing because that option has been changed to boot into safe mode, and not "normally". basically, no matter what option i choose, my computer just crashes. id like to know if there was anyway of fixing this without having to wipe out the hard drive. thanx for the help

josefromtexas
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by amou621 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:13 am

Moderated Message: Hello, your comment has been removed. Please do not post in another member's topic. If you need help, please read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] over and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to open a new topic.

amou621
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:59 am

Avira AntiVir Rescue System is a Linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore.

• Download The Avira AntiVir Rescue System from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
  • Just double-click on the rescue system package to burn it to a CD/DVD.
  • Then please use that CD/DVD with Avira Rescue System to boot your computer.
You'll get a boot option to either boot from hard drive or AntiVir Rescue System.

Press the number 2 on your keyboard to boot into AntiVir Rescue System.

Please wait until drivers are loaded and Main menu shows. Then please select the second option “Scan your system with AntiVir” and hit Enter.

Under Configuration, please select Scan all files, Try to repair infected files and Rename files if they cannot be removed?.

Then please start the scan.

The Avira AntiVir Rescue System wil now

• repair a damaged system,
  • rescue data,
  • scan the system for virus infections.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by josefromtexas on Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:16 pm

hmmmm, the computer that i am using right now does not have a cd burner. is there any way i could place the file onto a usb drive and use it from there?

josefromtexas
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by john.becker on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:18 am

I just downloaded and burned the disk.. going to try and fix my buddies PC tonight. Will let you know if it works.

When researching, I saw this link on using a USB drive.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

didn't read too much into as I just burned a disk, but it may be helpful.

john.becker
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by josefromtexas on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:10 pm

actually, i think i'll just try to burn it using another computer. lets me know if it works, thanks

josefromtexas
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:54 pm

Okay, standing by, let me know how it goes.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by john.becker on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:22 pm

hmm.. I did not have good luck. I downloaded twice and burned to disk twice... (that part works great)

2 different filenames based on what download link you choose.

1. rescuecd.exe
2. rescue_system-common-en.exe

I was able to boot off the cd, after changing the boot order in the CMOS setup, but the Rescue System Application kept loading in German. I tried to guess which options to select, based off the screen shot above, but it didn't work. Another thing is that the resolution/screen size of the application was so large, I could not scroll down to what was probably a "Start' button at the bottom.

sorry.

sidenote. I ended up running hard-drive diagnostics and it came back with DRQ Timeout Error # 0135, so may be a faulty drive.

john.becker
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by josefromtexas on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:46 pm

before i try this out i was wondering, will this application be able to repair whatever damaged safemode boot files arent working, or will it only do a virus scan. i was wondering because if i'm still not able to start in normal mode and the safe mode files are still damaged or corrupt, then i still wont be able to boot my pc at all

josefromtexas
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:08 pm

It will do a virus scan, and repair what it can.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by josefromtexas on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:hmm.. I did not have good luck. I downloaded twice and burned to disk twice... (that part works great)

2 different filenames based on what download link you choose.

1. rescuecd.exe
2. rescue_system-common-en.exe

I was able to boot off the cd, after changing the boot order in the CMOS setup, but the Rescue System Application kept loading in German. I tried to guess which options to select, based off the screen shot above, but it didn't work. Another thing is that the resolution/screen size of the application was so large, I could not scroll down to what was probably a "Start' button at the bottom.

sorry.

sidenote. I ended up running hard-drive diagnostics and it came back with DRQ Timeout Error # 0135, so may be a faulty drive.
after i burn this to a cd, how exactly would i go about booting off of it? and also, if the program is in german, how am i going to be able to use it at all?

josefromtexas
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:34 am

The pictures I used should help somewhat, you should be able to tell which option is which from the pictures above.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by john.becker on Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:09 pm

You should be able to modify your "boot order" in the CMOS setup screen. Just make sure your CD is booting before your hard-drive.

Also, I was able to fix this on my buddies PC. I removed the hard-drive, slaved it to my PC and scanned it with Malwarebytes. (just another option for you)

good luck.

john.becker
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top