internet pages won't open even tho im connected/trojans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

internet pages won't open even tho im connected/trojans

Post by ehowley25 on 26th January 2010, 3:08 pm

Hello,
Yesterday 24th jan I went onto the internet to check a timetable and when i closed it I started getting loads of pop ups telling me my anti-virus was up. sw2009 demo from windows which i now know is a virus. i didnt open anything but it wouldnt let me run any programs or open any pages so i turned off my computer. I then turned it back on and ran SuperAntiSpyware which told me i had trojans ( i have the log) that stopped all the popups but then when i started the internet it wouldn't open any pages even tho i am connected. I've read several sites about this and they all recommended running spybot and superantispyware and Mailwarebytes ive ran the last two and also CCleaner and tuneup. My norton 360 is working and telling me everything is fine as it did bfore even when there was a problem. I have logged on in safe mode with networking and the internet works when logged in as admin but not when my a/c logs in which is also confusing as my a/c is the admin a/c i thought.

Can you help me please???
I have the log files from my scans too if they help???
Thanks in advance

ehowley25
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 4
Joined Joined : 2010-01-25
OS OS : windows xp
Points Points : 25136
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: internet pages won't open even tho im connected/trojans

Post by Dr Jay on 26th January 2010, 5:46 pm

Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that.

Dr. Jay (DJ)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dr Jay
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Posts Posts : 14309
Joined Joined : 2009-09-06
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows 10 Home & Pro
Arch. Arch. : x64 (64-bit)
Protection Protection : Bitdefender Total Security
Points Points : 302960
# Likes # Likes : 10

View user profile