no sound on my laptop???

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved no sound on my laptop???

Post by BigAmzz on 23rd January 2010, 12:38 pm

My friend give me his laptop, its a hewlitt packard (dont know which model) there is no sound and when i went on volume control it says i need to download an audio mixer device or something, when i search for new hardware it doesnt find anything, i checked device manager and theres loads of things with yellow question marks next to them, here is a list..fingerprint sensor, mass storage controller, network controller, pci device, pci simple communications controller and an unknown device. When i try to update drivers for these it does not find anything except for when i updated a bluetooth device which has now downloaded " bluetooth audio" which has give me volume controls but still no sound. I was up most of the night trying to fix this and have not managed to fix it i badly need help im pulling my hair out any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated and if you need any more info please ask. Thanks.

BigAmzz
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posts Posts : 125
Joined Joined : 2009-01-13
OS OS : windowsxp
Points Points : 29928
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: no sound on my laptop???

Post by tommo on 23rd January 2010, 12:51 pm

the bluetooth audio is for bluetooth headsets
also the problem is your drivers.
You need to get the model of your HP laptop and then type it in here then select download drivers and firmware radio box. Install the drivers.

tommo
Novice
Novice

Posts Posts : 26
Joined Joined : 2010-01-23
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Mac OSX 10.6.2 & Windows XP(Bootcamp) & Windows Server 2010 enterprise (Parralells), Ubuntu(Parrallels)
Points Points : 25421

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAmzz on 24th January 2010, 11:55 am

when i try to download one of the drivers it says "the hda audio bus driver is required and not found" my laptop is a compaq nc6320 does anybody the what the best audio driver would be to download? thanks.

BigAmzz
Intermediate
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BigAmzz on 24th January 2010, 1:06 pm

i have fixed the problem and the sound is now working i was just downloading the wrong driver thanks for the help tommo its greatly appreciated

BigAmzz
Intermediate
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tommo on 24th January 2010, 7:13 pm

No Problem. Im Here To Help

tommo
Novice
Novice

Posts Posts : 26
Joined Joined : 2010-01-23
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Mac OSX 10.6.2 & Windows XP(Bootcamp) & Windows Server 2010 enterprise (Parralells), Ubuntu(Parrallels)
Points Points : 25421

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top