I just joined and for the reason... connected, but no internet after virus clean

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved I just joined and for the reason... connected, but no internet after virus clean

Post by zarko on Sat 23 Jan 2010, 11:09 pm

My problem started after I got infected by some kind of viruses at work (I noticed the F-Secure popup "Virus removed").
I don't know how to see what files were removed in F-Secure. In it's statistics I see that 2 files were cleaned, but nothing more. F-Secure version is 9.00 build 851.

After that I can not access any internet page although the connection was successfully established.
Everyone at work were having no problems.

I took the notebook home where I have another two computers (the one I'm using now connected through the lan and the home notebook that uses wireless connection) that have no problems accessing the internet and it did not work as well even though it recognized the connection, got connected (Strength: Excellent).
I simply cannot see or ping e.g. www.google.com.

ipconfig /all returned all correct information, the gateway was recognized, and the ip assigned correctly, but I cannot even ping the router.

I tried:

1. Scanned for virus leftovers with the F-Secure (no threats found)
2. Scanned with the SysClean (no threats found)
3. Tried ipconfig /renew, netsh winsock reset catalog, and netsh int ip reset reset.log, rebooted (no help)
4. Tried LSPFix (no help)
5. Tried WinSockXPFix (no help)

Now I'm scanning with the HighjackThis and will see the log when it finishes.

I am out of ideas, does anyone else have any, or at least help me with the HT log.

Last edited by zarko on Sun 24 Jan 2010, 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Don't bother, I solved it myself...)

Operating System : windows XP sp3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum