Antivirus Live infection !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Antivirus Live infection !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by hunterxlnt1 on Tue 19 Jan 2010, 5:14 am

New to GP & posting. I got infected with AVL yesterday, had to kill the power to stop it. Looked at all the websites and chose yours. When I follow your instructions they do not work. I start in safe mode w/networking, the computer screen flashes a lot of files and then it goes back to the start up screen where you need to hit F8 again. After running this loop a few times I did plain Safe Mode, which I tried on my own yesterday, I got a Now Dumping Physical Memory message just like yesterday so I cut the power again.
Since it is stopping me from accessing safe mode with networking and then opening IE to download the help programs is there any help for me?

Operating System : Windows XP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Antivirus Live infection !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Belahzur on Tue 19 Jan 2010, 8:58 am

Please download the current version of HijackThis from HERE

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

@RealBelahzur - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Manager | Tech Officer
Manager | Tech Officer

Operating System : XP SP3 Media Centre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum