Page 1 of 1
I have antivirus live and have downloaded malwarebytes but can't get it to run to use it. Any help?
Please download the current version of HijackThis from HERE
- Double click and run the installer.
- It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
- After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
- Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.
I get the same result with Hijackthis. It starts to open and gets shut down
- Download combofix from here
1. If you are using Firefox, make sure that your download settings are as follows:
* Tools->Options->Main tab
* Set to "Always ask me where to Save the files".
2. During the download, rename Combofix to Combo-Fix as follows:
3. It is important you rename Combofix during the download, but not after.
4. Please do not rename Combofix to other names, but only to the one indicated.
5. Close any open browsers.
6. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
- We need to disable your local AV (Anti-virus) before running Combofix.
- See HERE for how to disable your AV.
- Double click on ComboFix.exe.
- Follow the prompts. NOTE:
- ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed.
***It's strongly recommended to have the Recovery Console installed before doing any malware removal.***
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will automatically proceed with its scan.
- The Recovery Console provides a recovery/repair mode should a problem occur during a Combofix run.
- Allow ComboFix to download the Recovery Console.
- Accept the End-User License Agreement.
- The Recovery Console will be installed.
- You will then get this next prompt that asks if you want to continue the malware scan, select yes
- Allow combofix to run
- Post C:\combofix.txt back here.
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.
Thank you for your help. I was able to get Malwarebytes to work. Once again, Many thanks!
Did you run Combofix? if so, can you post the log please?
Create an account or log in to leave a reply
You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.
Page 1 of 1
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum