Internet security 2010 help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Internet security 2010 help

Post by ericsdca on 9th January 2010, 4:15 pm

I have read several other posts and I see that several others have the same problem I have, however I have not seen any solid reply to fix my problem. Maybe I just missed it?

I have the internet 2010 virus and as a result I can't do anything on that computer. I tried using both a CD and a usb stick to open programs on that computer, but neither of them will open. I can't access the internet, the start menu, the task manager, etc. When I reboot and try to press F8 I can't even get the "safe" mode option to come up. Is there any way at all for me to get past the screen where they are trying to get me to "fix problems" by buying their fake software?

Please help!!!

ericsdca
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 1
Joined Joined : 2010-01-09
OS OS : windows 7
Points Points : 25253
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Internet security 2010 help

Post by Belahzur on 9th January 2010, 7:08 pm

Lets use a boot disc, maybe we can inflict a little damage to the malware; enough to slow it down and get things going.

Avira AntiVir Rescue System is a Linux-based application that allows accessing computers that cannot be booted anymore.

• Download The Avira AntiVir Rescue System from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
  • Just double-click on the rescue system package to burn it to a CD/DVD.
  • Then please use that CD/DVD with Avira Rescue System to boot your computer.
You'll get a boot option to either boot from hard drive or AntiVir Rescue System.

Press the number 2 on your keyboard to boot into AntiVir Rescue System.

Please wait until drivers are loaded and Main menu shows. Then please select the second option “Scan your system with AntiVir” and hit Enter.

Under Configuration, please select Scan all files, Try to repair infected files and Rename files if they cannot be removed?.

Then please start the scan.

The Avira AntiVir Rescue System wil now

• repair a damaged system,
  • rescue data,
  • scan the system for virus infections.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

Posts Posts : 34918
Joined Joined : 2008-08-03
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : 7 Home Premium x64
Points Points : 245091
# Likes # Likes : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top