reformat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

reformat

Post by Denny978 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:52 pm

Hello

i would like to reformat my hard drive but im not sure if i have all of the discs for my drivers. Is there a way for me to make a disc somehow with only the drivers on it. i have a burner and dvd disc and cd discs. I have so much stuff on the drive that i dont want. i think reformating would be best.

Denny978
Intermediate
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reformat

Post by Nazzgull on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:08 am

Hi,

All what you need is Windows XP Installation CD. Save your work, files/folders from hard drive to CD or DVD, or easy create backup. Drivers are not the problem, you can download them anywhere from the Internet.

Nazzgull
Top Dog
Top Dog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: reformat

Post by shockz13 on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:21 pm

If your concerned about your drivers, which is sometimes the case on newer PCs still using XP I'm pretty sure this program can back them up,
http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Other wise that will tell you what hardware you are using, you can use that to find your drivers, put them on a flash drive, and after you format reinstall them.

Personally my network card isn't included in the windows xp disc so I have to manually get the driver on my laptop and transfer it before I can use the internet and get my other drivers like display driver and audio driver.

shockz13
Intermediate
Intermediate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top