GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

About installing Win 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved About installing Win 7

Post by Angelyne on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:16 am

hi there- I have a fairly new Toshiba laptop which has Vista. I just received the win 7 upgrade CD. What I would like to ask is if I do decide to use it and start the upgrade to win 7, and something goes wrong, will the Vista still remain on the machine and will I be able to just return to it? Guess you can tell, i'm just a little worried that if all doesnt go well, what will I do. thanx guys.

Angelyne
Novice
Novice

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: About installing Win 7

Post by Lance(HAOH) on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:15 am

Well, it depends on the type of upgrade you are trying to do. If you are upgrading from 32-bit to a 64-bit, you will have to wipe your whole disk first.So you will not have to worry about vista becoming corrupt in this case.
If you are upgrading from 32-bit to 32-bit or from 64 to 64-bit, even if something goes wrong during the installation, you do not have to worry though. The installer will roll back the changes. However if you are worried, create a system restore point before upgrading. If anything goes wrong, do a system restore.

Lance(HAOH)
Intermediate
Intermediate

OS : Windows XP Professional, Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 8 Professional WMC, Ubuntu Linux

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved thank you

Post by Angelyne on Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:50 pm

Thank You!

Angelyne
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down