GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

GFX Card not Playing Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

GFX Card not Playing Game

Post by Starspy on Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:27 am

Hey,

I am trying to run a game (this happens for every game) on my computer, when I run any of them I get this message:

CD3D_Shell::BuildDeviceList()

GetDeviceCaps() Failed!

and then for a specific game I get this error:

Combat_Arms

Unable to reset the renderer. In order to play CombatArms, you'll need at least DirectX 9.0c, with a video card that supports TnL. (Error:484)

I have recently updated my computer from Vista to Windows 7 and before in vista the game ran perfectly. I am eager to get on because I just bought $20 of NX and I want to use it. I want to see if I need to get a new driver but the Nevidia driver scan wont work so I have no idea what card I have in the computer.

Can you please help me?
Thanks,
Star~

Starspy
Novice
Novice

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: GFX Card not Playing Game

Post by Safan on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:24 pm

Hello, is your computer custom built, or bought all together from a shop, i.e a Dell model.

If it is bought from a company like Dell or Hp then you can either use the computer model number, or computer serial number to locate the drivers you need on their support websites.

Safan
Master
Master

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top