HELP!!! MY COMPUTER IS INFECTED!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HELP!!! MY COMPUTER IS INFECTED!!!!

Post by molly763 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:41 am

I know something is wrong with my computer because I can't run any anti-malware programs at all. I have Mal-warebytes Anti-Malware but whenever I click on it to run the program, nothing happens. If I keep trying, my computer automatically shuts down and restarts with a blue screen that says something about a crash. When my computer restarts, there's a box that pops up saying "Windows has recovered from an unexpected crash......" and I don't remember the rest. My computer runs fine otherwise. Its just that whenever I try to run any anti-malware program, either it won't open or my computer shuts down and restarts with that blue screen. One other thing, while I'm sitting here typing, I can hear advertisements even though this is the only online page that I have opened. There aren't any other opened tabs so how can I be hearing advertisements but not see them???? HELP!!!!! I followed the instructions and got a log from Hijackthis. I don't know if I did it correctly but here is the log.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 4:30:21 AM, on 12/19/2009
Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (WinNT 6.00.1906)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18865)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\On-Screen OSD Indicator\OSD.exe
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Pando Networks\Media Booster\PMB.exe
C:\Program Files\comcasttb\ComcastSpywareScan\ComcastAntiSpy.exe
C:\Program Files\NETGEAR\WG311v3\wlancfg5.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkCalRem.exe
C:\Windows\system32\schtasks.exe
C:\Program Files\comcasttb\CIDGlobalLight.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\agent\bin\bcont_nm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10a.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe
C:\Users\little vang family\Downloads\winlogon.scr
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbarUser_32.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: Google Sidewiki... - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\GoogleToolbarDynamic_mui_en_60D6097707281E79.dll/cmsidewiki.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
O23 - Service: Comcast AntiSpyware (AntiSpywareService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\comcasttb\ComcastSpywareScan\ComcastAntiSpyService.exe
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirSchedulerService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: asurscsi - Voyetra Turtle Beach, Inc. - C:\Users\LITTLE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\MSI30E3.tmp
O23 - Service: GameConsoleService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files\HP Games\My HP Game Console\GameConsoleService.exe
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: HP Health Check Service - Hewlett-Packard - c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe
O23 - Service: CA Pest Patrol Realtime Protection Service (ITMRTSVC) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (ddoctorv2) (sprtsvc_ddoctorv2) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtsvc.exe
O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

--
End of file - 3721 bytes

please HELP!!!!!! THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE NOT TO MENTION I HAVE FINALS NEXT WEEK AND MY COMPUTER IS ACTING FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

molly763
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: HELP!!! MY COMPUTER IS INFECTED!!!!

Post by Belahzur on Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:37 pm

Hello.
Is that a full log? half of the log is missing there.

Please re-run the Hijack This scan and post a new log.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by molly763 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:11 pm

That's another problem, when I run the program, there's a pop-up that says something about my computer not allowing certain files to be read and that HiJack this can't help. When I try and re-open the program, it says that HiJackThis is already running even though it isn't.
Oh yea, thanks sooooo much for replying back. I appreciate it a lot!!!

molly763
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:37 pm

Yeah, HJT does get 1 error alert because your OS is Vista, UAC blocking access to the host file.

If it says Hijack This is already running, reboot your machine, then try again.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by molly763 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:14 pm

I did what you told me to but the HiJackThis dialogue pops up again saying that my system denied write access to the Host files. If any HiJack domains are in these files then HiJack may NOT be able to help. It also prompts me to try running the program as Run as Administrator but when I right-click to run as administrator, that option doesn't even show. So, I feel dumb and stuck now. What else can I do?

molly763
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:21 pm

Hello.

The scan should continue anyway, regardless of that alert.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by molly763 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:59 am

Kay, here you go.... I hope this works and I hope you can help me.....

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 9:56:19 PM, on 12/19/2009
Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (WinNT 6.00.1906)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18865)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\On-Screen OSD Indicator\OSD.exe
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\hpwuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Pando Networks\Media Booster\PMB.exe
C:\Program Files\comcasttb\ComcastSpywareScan\ComcastAntiSpy.exe
C:\Program Files\NETGEAR\WG311v3\wlancfg5.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkCalRem.exe
C:\Windows\system32\schtasks.exe
C:\Program Files\comcasttb\CIDGlobalLight.exe
C:\Windows\ehome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Windows\system32\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbarUser_32.exe
C:\Users\little vang family\Downloads\winlogon.scr

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = Preserve
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Windows Internet Explorer provided by Comcast
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: NCO 2.0 IE BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Comcast Toolbar - {79CEEA4E-C231-4614-9E3B-53B2A02F39B7} - C:\Program Files\comcasttb\comcastdx.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.4.4525.1752\swg.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {BDBD1DAD-C946-4A17-ADC1-64B5B4FF55D0} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live Toolbar\msntb.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {d9c9a8c9-460d-4343-888e-ae02bcc3ce57} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Comcast Toolbar - {79CEEA4E-C231-4614-9E3B-53B2A02F39B7} - C:\Program Files\comcasttb\comcastdx.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\hp\support\hpsysdrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OsdMaestro] "C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\On-Screen OSD Indicator\OSD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Health Check Scheduler] [ProgramFilesFolder]Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\HPHC_Scheduler.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateReg] "C:\Windows\system32\jureg.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\Windows\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ddoctorv2] "C:\Program Files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P ddoctorv2
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Pando Media Booster] C:\Program Files\Pando Networks\Media Booster\PMB.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ComcastAntispyClient] "C:\Program Files\comcasttb\ComcastSpywareScan\ComcastAntispy.exe" /hide
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [richtx64.exe] C:\Users\LITTLE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\richtx64.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - Startup: wkcalrem.LNK = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkCalRem.exe
O4 - Global Startup: NETGEAR WG311v3 Smart Wizard.lnk = C:\Program Files\NETGEAR\WG311v3\wlancfg5.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Google Sidewiki... - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\GoogleToolbarDynamic_mui_en_60D6097707281E79.dll/cmsidewiki.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_01\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
O23 - Service: Comcast AntiSpyware (AntiSpywareService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\comcasttb\ComcastSpywareScan\ComcastAntiSpyService.exe
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Scheduler (AntiVirSchedulerService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
O23 - Service: Avira AntiVir Guard (AntiVirService) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: asurscsi - Voyetra Turtle Beach, Inc. - C:\Users\LITTLE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\MSI30E3.tmp
O23 - Service: GameConsoleService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files\HP Games\My HP Game Console\GameConsoleService.exe
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: HP Health Check Service - Hewlett-Packard - c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Health Check\hphc_service.exe
O23 - Service: CA Pest Patrol Realtime Protection Service (ITMRTSVC) - CA, Inc. - C:\Program Files\CA\PPRT\bin\ITMRTSVC.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (ddoctorv2) (sprtsvc_ddoctorv2) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Comcast\Desktop Doctor\bin\sprtsvc.exe
O23 - Service: XAudioService - Conexant Systems, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\xaudio.exe

--
End of file - 8343 bytes Let me think

molly763
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:36 pm

Hello.

• Open HijackThis
  • Choose "Do a system scan only"
  • Check the boxes in front of these lines:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: NCO 2.0 IE BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {d9c9a8c9-460d-4343-888e-ae02bcc3ce57} - (no file)
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [richtx64.exe] C:\Users\LITTLE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\richtx64.exe

• Press "Fix Checked"
  • Close Hijack This.

Please download and run this tool.

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.
Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.
If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Post the contents of the MBAM Log.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by molly763 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:04 am

I followed all your steps and did everything you told me to do. When I tried to open MalwareBytes, nothing happened. It didn't even open. That's the problem. I already had this program on my computer its just that it won't open no matter how times I try to open it. I even tried to run it as administrator but like I said, nothing happens. This is so weird.

molly763
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Belahzur on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:15 pm

Download [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] by OldTimer to your Desktop.

• Close all windows and double click OTL.exe
  • Click Run Scan and let the program run uninterrupted
  • It will produce two logs for you, one will pop up - OTL.txt, the other will be saved on your Desktop - Extras.txt. Post both logs in this thread.
  • You may need to use two posts to get it all.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top