Windows security alert along with anti virus pro warning

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows security alert along with anti virus pro warning

Post by Jonathan29 on 9th December 2009, 4:16 am

I have a dell dimension 4400 running windows xp home ed and I just got a security pop up warning message that will not allow me to open task mngr nor will it allow me to open Hijack this, will not allow me to open any anti virus software. Only in safe mode will it allow me to scan with avg 9 yet it will not fix this problem. The windows security alert states application cannot be executed then it tells of the file that I am trying to open is infected yet it does that with any file or program I click on? I do not want to have to do re installation of windows and am hoping that you guys can help...

Jonathan29
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 2
Joined Joined : 2009-12-09
OS OS : windows xp home edition
Points Points : 25568
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows security alert along with anti virus pro warning

Post by Belahzur on 9th December 2009, 3:22 pm

Please download the current version of HijackThis from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

• Double click and run the installer.
  • It will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\hijackthis.exe
  • After installing, you should get the user agreement, press accept and Hijack This will run.
  • Select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Please PM me if I fail to respond within 24hrs.

Belahzur
Administrator
Administrator

Posts Posts : 34916
Joined Joined : 2008-08-03
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : XP SP3 Media Centre
Points Points : 245079
# Likes # Likes : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Security alert Jonathan

Post by Jonathan29 on 12th December 2009, 8:14 am

I noticed that upon restart of windows xp That I could get avg to run after 3 scans I was able to get rid of it!!! It has been doing great since and have been really thankfull for your help maybe next time I will actually get to use it!!! javascript:emoticonp('Thank You!')Once again thank you! Thank You!

Jonathan29
Beginner
Beginner

Joined Joined : 2009-12-09
OS OS : windows xp home edition
Points Points : 25568

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows security alert along with anti virus pro warning

Post by joedw00 on 12th February 2010, 7:02 pm

Moderated Message: Hello, your comment has been removed. Please do not post in another member's topic. If you need help, please read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] over and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to open a new topic.

joedw00
Beginner
Beginner

Joined Joined : 2010-02-12
OS OS : (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7)
Points Points : 24918

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top