I need a little help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need a little help!

Post by tomdotcom89 on Sat 21 Nov 2009, 3:38 pm

I am having a problem with this program (i guess is what it is) Antivirus system pro trying to run on my computer. it keeps popping up saying things like "googletoolbaruser_32.exe is infected" it asks if i would like to purchase software from this website "http://osadwarekill2009.com/purchase?r=56.1". From what i have found on this site a few other people have had this problem, i tried following the instructions given to them but when i try to install the software this site recommends this antivirus system pro "program" cuts it off and says (software name here).exe may be infected, and stops the program from running. i tried using windows task manager to stop this program but it does the same as the software downloads and it says taskmgr.exe is infected ... buy our stuff. I don't really have any clue what to do about this so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by tomdotcom89 on Sat 21 Nov 2009, 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : misspelling)

Operating System : vista

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I need a little help!

Post by DragonMaster Jay on Sat 21 Nov 2009, 3:53 pm

Please download ComboFix from BleepingComputer.com

Alternate link: GeeksToGo.com

Alternate link: Forospyware.com

Rename ComboFix.exe to commy.exe before you save it to your Desktop
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools A guide to do this can be found here
  • Click Start>Run then copy paste the following command into the Run box & click OK "%userprofile%\desktop\commy.exe" /stepdel
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. This will not install in Vista. Just continue scanning, and skip the console install.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the contents of C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Get $30 off Kaspersky products.

GeekPolice Academy Manager

DragonMaster Jay

Manager | Tech Officer
Manager | Tech Officer

Operating System : Windows 7 Ultimate

View user profile http://www.twitter.com/jaypfoutz

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum