ANTIVIRUS SYSTEM PRO HAS PARALYZED MY COMPUTER!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ANTIVIRUS SYSTEM PRO HAS PARALYZED MY COMPUTER!!

Post by sunshyne298 on 21st November 2009, 3:45 am

I am running Windows XP and tonight, as I was about to shut my computer off, I was struck by the Anti-virus System Pro problem. I can't do a System Restore, it won't let me. I can't open Regedit, it won't let me. I can't get into my registry at all, it won't let me. I can't download any anti-virus programs to get rid of this because it doesn't let me. I've read the posts on this forum and can't do any of the things suggested. I've tried downloading Hijack This and it shuts me down every time.

I need help to get rid of this! I am absoƖute desperate for help because everything that has been suggested has been something this thing isn't allowing me to do. And I don't have the Windows CD, either.

PLEASE HELP! I have to fix this myself because I just don't have the money to take it somewhere to be fȋxed.

Thanks for your time!

sunshyne298
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 2
Joined Joined : 2009-11-21
OS OS : Windows XP
Points Points : 25758
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: ANTIVIRUS SYSTEM PRO HAS PARALYZED MY COMPUTER!!

Post by Dr Jay on 21st November 2009, 4:23 am

Please download ComboFix from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rename ComboFix.exe to commy.exe before you save it to your Desktop
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools A guide to do this can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  • Click Start>Run then copy paste the following command into the Run box & click OK "%userprofile%\desktop\commy.exe" /stepdel
  • As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
  • Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console

Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

• Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the contents of C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Dr. Jay (DJ)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dr Jay
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Posts Posts : 13810
Joined Joined : 2009-09-06
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows 10 Home & Pro
Arch. Arch. : x64 (64-bit)
Protection Protection : Bitdefender Total Security
Points Points : 302437
# Likes # Likes : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sunshyne298 on 21st November 2009, 5:02 pm

Ok. I have gotten rid of it...at least for now. I shut my computer off after coming here for help last night. When I turned comp on this morning, I was able to get in to Safe Mode! I couldn't do that last night. In safe mode, I hunted it down and deleted what I could. The application name in my computer was "bpbxsysguard". The only thing I could find in my registry was located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\AVSCAN. I deleted that as well.

Are there any programs out there that are able to prevent this from happening again? I have AVG free antivirus on my computer, but that didn't stop it from happening. Is there anything out there that can prevent it?

Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it!

sunshyne298
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 2
Joined Joined : 2009-11-21
OS OS : Windows XP
Points Points : 25758
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Jay on 22nd November 2009, 1:36 am

I will let you know of any preventative measures, after your computer is declared clean. It helps us work through the removal process better.

Please post the log from ComboFix, so I may check it.

Dr. Jay (DJ)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dr Jay
Head Administrator
Head Administrator

Posts Posts : 13810
Joined Joined : 2009-09-06
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows 10 Home & Pro
Arch. Arch. : x64 (64-bit)
Protection Protection : Bitdefender Total Security
Points Points : 302437
# Likes # Likes : 10

View user profile