Cannot connect to Facebook

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot connect to Facebook

Post by kruby247 on Fri 20 Nov 2009, 8:57 am

Up until 6pm yesterday, I was able to connect to Facebook on both my desktop and laptop. I left for a bit and when I came home at 9pm, I couldn't connect from either...and still can't. In Firefox, I am getting the cannot connect "The server at www.facebook.com is taking too long to respond." error page. In IE8, I am getting a connection failed error page that gives me a diagnose problem button. The diagnostic shows nothing wrong with my internet connection. I have no problems at all in connecting to any other pages, only Facebook. So, while at the local library today, I tried to go to Facebook and had no problem going to the site and logging in. Thus, I know it is a problem with my home network. Could you please help?

kruby247

Unborn
Unborn

Operating System: XP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot connect to Facebook

Post by Doctor Inferno on Fri 20 Nov 2009, 12:07 pm

Hello,

Are you still having problems? Facebook occasionally have downtime errors.

Read this: http://www.geekpolice.net/-t3821.htm And post your HijackThis log here.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

Doctor Inferno
The GeekPolice

The GeekPolice

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium and Ultimate X64

View user profile http://twitter.com/GeekPolice

Back to top Go down

Post by kruby247 on Fri 20 Nov 2009, 1:56 pm

Yes, still down. My Java and Adobe had the latest updates and I've cleared my cookies and double-checked the firewall settings to be sure it wasn't suddenly blocking it for any reason. I am able to connect to Facebook on library and the neighbors' computers...just not my own. Thank you.

kruby247

Unborn
Unborn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno on Fri 20 Nov 2009, 2:43 pm

Hello,

Please try connecting to Facebook in another browser such as Firefox or Chrome.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

Doctor Inferno
The GeekPolice

The GeekPolice

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium and Ultimate X64

View user profile http://twitter.com/GeekPolice

Back to top Go down

Post by emale702 on Fri 04 Dec 2009, 3:55 pm

I am having this EXACT SAME PROBLEM, and it's only with Facebook. Further, ANY webpage I try to visit with the word "Facebook" in it causes the "diagnose connection error" in IE8 and the "Error 101" in Chrome (when I use any search engine with Facebook in it attempting to finding info on this problem). Have you resolved this problem? How did you do it???? Thanks.

emale702

Unborn
Unborn

Operating System: Vista

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kruby247 on Fri 04 Dec 2009, 10:12 pm

I did resolve this. It's a little embarrassing to admit, but I had to reset my router. Tried everything I could think of, except that. A few days later I couldn't connect to anything and finally did the obvious and reset everything. Working like a dream now. Strange but true, every time it needs reset, Facebook will be the only thing I can't connect too:)

kruby247

Unborn
Unborn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lv2000lv on Sun 14 Mar 2010, 4:54 pm

I had the same problem, when i visit a site trying to download a program for facebook after that i can't access facebook on internet explorer, chrome nor firefox, i thought it's connection problem with routhers, even try calling my isp, nothing work. had 2 computer, the other computer works just fine, but not this computer, all other site are working just smoothly except facebook, what is going on. then i call isp again , they told me could be the site i visit , a virus that blocking my computer from going facebook because the program i'm trying to download is for facebook.. if it's virus , i even try full scan my computer with norton antivus, no virus found, so what is causing this problem, someone pls help!

lv2000lv

Unborn
Unborn

Operating System: windows xp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum