Total Security -- your comments

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Total Security -- your comments

Post by cisco on 15th November 2009, 4:02 am

Just wanted to mention this and see what you thought --

My computer has been infected with the Total Security virus (or is it considered malware?) for the past couple of months. A nmber of attempts to remove it were unsuccessful & I finally gave up and simply decided to live with it as best I could.

It would appear at bootup & slow that down; its files were shown when I checked MY COMPUTER; its icon would appear on my desktop; when I attempted to remove it, I saw it listed on CONTROL PANEL under add/delete programs; and every 30 minutes or so, it would simply interrupt everything I was doing on my computer for about 2 minutes or so.

As I said above, I had given up and gone on just living with it. Now, suddenly, after doing NOTHING, all the above items I've mentioned have ceased & my computer is back to normal!

I can't explain it -- have you experienced anything like this?

cisco
Beginner
Beginner

Posts Posts : 3
Joined Joined : 2009-10-09
OS OS : xp
Points Points : 26197
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Total Security -- your comments

Post by Nazzgull on 15th November 2009, 11:10 am

Hi,
please read [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] post, and post your HijackThis log file in this topic.

Wait for instructions given only by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nazzgull
Top Dog
Top Dog

Posts Posts : 2330
Joined Joined : 2008-08-03
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows 7 Professional
Points Points : 40495
# Likes # Likes : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top