GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

USB Device Not Recognized

View previous topic View next topic Go down

USB Device Not Recognized

Post by Toyeboy on Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:10 pm

hello, i got help from this site before which saved my computer from infections. I just recently started having a problem with my usb ports, when i plug in my USB flash drive, MP3 player, digital camera, i get the same error message..."USB Device Not Recognized" It does not show up in "MY COMPUTER" folder. I've done a search and this sounds like a common problem but I haven't found a way to fix it, and it's a pretty major thing that i use nearly everyday. The odd thing is that my USB mouse and Printer both work just fine, but nothing else does?? any help is apprieciated thanks.

Toyeboy
Novice
Novice

# Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: USB Device Not Recognized

Post by Nazzgull on Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:56 am

Go to Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device manager
Tell me if you have something with yellow ! marked in Universal Serial Bus.

You should uninstall that one, put your motherboard CD in DVD/CD Drive and Search on it for USB driver.

Last thing you can do, Device manager again > System > Delete ( Uninstall ) PC BUS , that'll reset all your hardware when you restart computer and searching for all of them again. Maybe this could help..

Nazzgull
Top Dog
Top Dog

# Likes : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top