browser/registry help needed.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

browser/registry help needed.

Post by nuggetboy on Fri 30 Oct 2009, 6:50 am

Hi, I seem to be having a problem with my laptop. It connects to the internet just fine (can resolve domains and ping them), however, both internet explorer and firefox will not display any web pages.

The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite w/Vista home prm. It is connecting through a usb sprint mobile card (3g type)
For testing purposes i connected both the internal wi-fi and wired connections. All connections exhibit the same symptoms.

This issue was noticed after uninstalling an expired/out of date version of Norton 360.

I also read somewhere the netsh reset of the winsock and tcp stack. attempting this had no effect. Also the winsock fix utility that is commonly referred to is for xp, will it work on vista?

Oddly, i notice that when starting either browser that if i type a web address it immediately switches to "http:///". not sure where the 3rd "/" comes from or why it does that but might be helpful info.

If any of you could provide some help here i would be hugely grateful. Thanks in Advance

Operating System : xp, vista

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: browser/registry help needed.

Post by Doctor Inferno on Fri 30 Oct 2009, 4:44 pm

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

Doctor Inferno
The GeekPolice

The GeekPolice

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium and Ultimate X64

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum