GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

Windows Installer at Boot up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Windows Installer at Boot up

Post by jaynemo on Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:25 am

Hi, some time ago a program called Sonic was loaded on my computer as a free trial and has since been removed. I made a bunch of changes to my computer recently as a result of the the virus Alpha Antivirus which have been corrected thanks to the guy over at the malware section. I also added some new programs including Spy Doctor, Registry Mechanic and Malwarebytes. I also did the Java, Adobe and windows updates too. Now when I boot I get a Windows installer pop up looking to install the Sonic updates for a program that doesnt exist on my computer anymore, and prompts me to search for a U.mis file which i cant find. So there is a trace file somewhere I guess. any help you could lend would be great.

jaynemo
Novice
Novice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Windows Installer at Boot up

Post by Dr Jay on Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:18 pm

Dr Jay
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down