0xc0190036 error after installing sp1 for win vista

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved 0xc0190036 error after installing sp1 for win vista

Post by MarcusW on Sun 27 Sep 2009, 1:32 am

After installing service pack 1 to windows vista i got the following message on a black screen:
"!! 0xc0190036 5312/91342 (infocard.exe) and after rebooting i either get the choice to try to try and start windows normally which leads me to the same message (after having gone through bunch of files that seems fine) or i can choose to boot with a repair-tool which leads me to a window over a blue background - Startup repair, which fails to solve the problem. I've tried to solve the issue with the help of this page: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975430/sv but it doesnt work;
Method 1 - system restore doesnt find a restore point (i thought this was done automatically and regulary?!)
Method 2 - Startup repair just doesnt work
Method 3 - Renaming the file, problem is i cant find the file in the system32-folder (nor in system-folder or windows-folder. There is however, in the system32-folder, these 2 files; infocardapi.dll and infocardcpl.cpl if that means someting)..
If i had the windows install-cd i guess i could reinstall vista, but i dont have it (due to the brilliant idea that the install-cd doesnt come with the computerany longer, you need to burn your own cd which the owner of the computer hasnt done). I do have an option which says "Restore Application - WinRE Recovery Manager 32 bits" but i dare not use it cuz i dont know what it is. Should I? Or does anyone have any other idea? Dont wanna loose any files either.

Marcus

MarcusW

Newbie Surfer
Newbie Surfer

Operating System : Windows XP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: 0xc0190036 error after installing sp1 for win vista

Post by Doctor Inferno on Sun 27 Sep 2009, 1:51 am

Hello,

You should most probably have your recovery partition right? What is the brand of the PC you are using?

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

Doctor Inferno
The GeekPolice

The GeekPolice

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium and Ultimate X64

View user profile http://twitter.com/GeekPolice

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcusW on Sun 27 Sep 2009, 2:41 am

It is a HP G5000.
Luckily I've managed to solve the problem. infocard.exe was not located in the system32-folder ass suggested by the microsoft-site but in the following folder:
c:\\windows\microsoft.net\framwork\v3.0\windows communication foundation
I renamed infocard.exe to infocard.exe.bak and now it works.
Thanks for your time anyway Doctor Inferno.

MarcusW

Newbie Surfer
Newbie Surfer

Operating System : Windows XP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:37 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: