Windows XP boot OS Selection Menu (how do I get rid of it)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows XP boot OS Selection Menu (how do I get rid of it)

Post by hotchicken33 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:13 pm

Hey guys. I was trying to reformat my computer (windows XP service pack 3) and the format disc was (SP2). It says could not install because my current version is newer, so told me to boot it from the boot screen. So I did, and now it did not find any Hard drives. So I just decided to stick with the virus removals.

Now my problem is, after that happened, the computer won't boot the first time:
When I start my computer, a OS menu comes out with 3 options: System Recovery Console, Windows XP, and Widows XP Install. By default, the highlight stays on the Windows XP Install, and my keyboard would not move. When the timer hits zero, it tries to start the XP install, but says "re-install rundll32" or whatever. So I reboot, and the 2nd time, it goes into the installation screen with no rundll32 error. With my keyboard still not fuctioning. If I put the format disc in and reboot, says "Press any key to boot from CD....", I do not press any key and wait, and the OS menu pops up again, THEN I AM ABLE TO MOVE MY KEYBOARD and thus select Windows XP. How do I get rid of this problem?

How do I get my computer to start Windows XP right off the bat as soon as I start the computer?

hotchicken33
Novice
Novice

Posts Posts : 15
Joined Joined : 2009-09-23
Gender Gender : Female
OS OS : windows XP
Points Points : 26335
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Windows XP boot OS Selection Menu (how do I get rid of it)

Post by hotchicken33 on Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:03 am

bump

hotchicken33
Novice
Novice

Posts Posts : 15
Joined Joined : 2009-09-23
Gender Gender : Female
OS OS : windows XP
Points Points : 26335
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile