GeekPolice
Welcome to GeekPolice.net!

From "wow" to "whoa" - we're teaching practical technology and helping others with tech support. Join our family here!

You are viewing the forum as a "Guest" which doesn't give you member privileges to ask questions or post comments.

Take 30 seconds to register or log in below and unlock the limitations of this website to discover new computer knowledge!

Dealing with 4 bit graphics, please help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Dealing with 4 bit graphics, please help.

Post by Relorium on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:58 pm

Yesterday when I was using my computer, everything was fine. It had just finished downloading some updates for Windows and I decided to shut it down and go to bed. This morning I booted it up to find that I now have 4 bit graphics. I'm guessing that my out of date driver doesn't work with the new updates. The only problem is that I cannot find the correct driver ANYWHERE. They don't even have it listed on the website. I'm using a Toshiba Satellite A45-S121 with Windows XP SP2. I need the latest driver for the following chip type: Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller

I downloaded this from some website: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows* XP (exe)

But when I tried to install it, it said that it couldn't be installed on my computer and to contact the computer's manufacturer.

Relorium
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Dealing with 4 bit graphics, please help.

Post by Relorium on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:26 am

I've fixed the problem myself. I can't believe that given the amount of views this post received and the simple solution of the problem no one posted a single reply. This reputable website was absolutely no help at all. I won't be using it again.

Relorium
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top