Personal Antivirus pop-up

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Personal Antivirus pop-up

Post by Linda92117 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:04 pm

It appears that I am having the same problem as others. When I logged in this morning, a window popped up "Personal Antivirus" claiming that my machine is infected with viruses, worms, trojans, etc. I immediately ran a full scan on McAfee which reported no problems of any kind. However, I can't get rid of the Personal Antivirus popup and messages keep showing from bottom bar ... "Security Violation Error", "Windows Meta File Vulnerability-Vulnerability",
"Critical System Warning--Trojan Win-32.Agent.azsy", etc. I'm afraid to go online or do any type of work in Windows. My factory-ordered Dell is only 6 months old so I believe I have up to date programs. I use Mozilla Firefox and Vista. I am a consistent user of the internet, but have no savvy with equipment. Can you help me? Linda

Linda92117
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Personal Antivirus pop-up

Post by Doctor Inferno on Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:22 am

Hello, please see if this Personal Antivirus removal guide helps:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If it doesn't, please read this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And post your HijackThis log here.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Have we helped you? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

Doctor Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top