Corrucpted files

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Corrucpted files

Post by T61cj on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:36 pm

Hi there, I am not too computer savvy, but I will try to explain what is going on with my computer. As an example when I'm on Facebook playing Mafia Wars, I can't see my Mafia at all, just the Mastermind and no-one else, when I try to do a job, I may be able to do 2 or 3 then the screen goes black except for the ads at the top. When I try to fight, I can't change Mafia families, so I'm forced to either fight the same family over and over again or leave. Also when I'm logging in, window says "Cookies Not Enabled" so I just have to retype my password and it opens. I just downloaded the Spyware Doctor and the results are as follows:
APPlication Tracking Cookies 22 infections
Adware Advertisinng 13 infections Threat Low
RogueAntiSpyware.AntiVirusPro 16 infections Threat High
file, folder, Registry Value, Startup Programs.
RogueAntiSpyware.XP Antispyware 6 infections Threat High
file, Registry Value
RogueAntiSpyware.AntiVirus2008 3 infections Threat Low
Registry Value, Registry Key and for them to fix it will cost me about $30.00 american.
Also somewhere I found 10 failed updates, no new solutions, possible from SP 3. I think I have alot of corrupt files. I also get the error message 12152 or page couldn't upload...there just seem to be so many things going on. Is it really possible to fix these things. Whatever you can do to help me sure would be appreciated. I also now have a wireless laptop Toshiba that is Vista.Thanking you in advance.

T61cj
Novice
Novice

Posts Posts : 6
Joined Joined : 2009-07-06
OS OS : XP
Points Points : 27116
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Corrucpted files

Post by Doctor Inferno on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:16 am

Hello,

You don't need that. Simply get another free antispyware like Malwarebytes Antimalware which does a much better job for free. Malwarebytes will be able to delete the rouge AV for you.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Have we helped you? Help us! | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

Doctor Inferno
Administrator
Administrator

Posts Posts : 12015
Joined Joined : 2007-12-26
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows 7 Home Premium and Ultimate X64
Protection Protection : Kaspersky PURE and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Points Points : 104600

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Corrucpted files

Post by T61cj on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:52 pm

Thank you so much, I have downloaded it, but am still getting black screen on facebook when I play mafia wars or try to do the jobs. I will wait and see if this might take some time before being fixed or maybe I will need to register as a paying customer. I will keep you updated and thanks for the info.

T61cj
Novice
Novice

Posts Posts : 6
Joined Joined : 2009-07-06
OS OS : XP
Points Points : 27116

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top