Online Data Backup from Mozy.com

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Online Data Backup from Mozy.com

Post by Christos on Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:32 pm

Mozy.com is an online backup utility which I find really interesting (and useful) it has saved me from evil viruses that have destroyed my Avast Home Edition Antivirus is my Windows XP.
I find it quite expensive, 5 dollars a month for unlimited backup. But if you have no other way of doing it, then I think its good to check it out.

There are 3 tools:
MozyHome |and| MozyPro

visit their website at www.mozy.com . I hope you will find it useful?
(I am not sure if I am allowed to post the link, reading the rules i found that i can post links, although no links that will get me profit, so i suppose this is ok)

Christos
Novice
Novice

Posts Posts : 30
Joined Joined : 2009-07-03
OS OS : Mac os X
Points Points : 27307
# Likes # Likes : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Online Data Backup from Mozy.com

Post by Digitalocksmith on Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:10 am

Online data storage is expensive and unnecessary if you practice good hard drive management.

I use an external that is kept in my safe and out of normal daily LAN operations.

Weekly backups of the important stuff are made regularly before its returned to its fireproof lockup!

There are other ways to keep your data secure, however this method helps me to sleep at night.........I just don't trust my data to external servers where anything is possible.

Remember, No one cares more about your data than you will.....but each to their own i guess!

Regards

Digitalocksmith
Leader
Leader

Posts Posts : 626
Joined Joined : 2007-12-22
Gender Gender : Male
OS OS : Windows 7 Ultimate x64 beta 1 (build 7048) - Testing Bluewhite64 Linux 12.2
Points Points : 48914

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Online Data Backup from Mozy.com

Post by mariealabama on Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:11 am

I see that you are a Macintosh user. My roomate is currently running our home network, including our printers, through a mac external hard drive/n-router. If you are already using wireless you may want to upgrade to an n-speed router for a quicker speed anyways. Otherwise, your local computer or office suply store will sell external hard drives that you attatch to your computer(generally through two USB cables into your computer) They are read as if they were a flash/thumb drive. Prices are starting to come down on them and they come in sizes of 250GB up to over 2TB(2048 GB) and they are fairly portable and could be used for all of your house or network's computers. Biggest advantage to the router/external hard drive combo is that all computers on the network can access the information on the drive at anytime.

mariealabama
Intermediate
Intermediate

Posts Posts : 107
Joined Joined : 2009-04-10
Gender Gender : Female
OS OS : dual boot Win XP SP2 and Win 7 32 bit
Points Points : 28285

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top