another victim of winbluesoft

View previous topic View next topic Go down

another victim of winbluesoft

Post by chariot on Thu 25 Jun 2009, 10:41 am

i've already downloaded malwarebyte's anti-malware. that went fine, but when i try to open the program nothing happens. i assume it's being blocked by winbluesoft. so then i downloaded icesword, and it seemed to work once but it was all in chinese (and didn't seem to have any of the functions the people in the other threads were referring to), and since that first time it hasn't opened either. i don't know what to do! i can't even open my antivirus program :\

Operating System : xp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: another victim of winbluesoft

Post by Doctor Inferno on Thu 25 Jun 2009, 2:18 pm

Download HijackThis from here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a log file. This will open a notepad file of everything Hijack This found, copy and paste it back here.

If you cannot run HijackThis,

Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :

• Restart your computer
  • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
  • Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
  • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
  • Choose your usual account.

Locate and delete this file:

Now see if you can run HijackThis in normal windows mode.

Please be a GeekPolice fan on Facebook!

Have we helped you? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | Doctor by day, ninja by night.

Doctor Inferno
The GeekPolice

The GeekPolice

Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium and Ultimate X64

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum